“TreeFolks has engaged thousands of volunteers to plant more than 2.8 million trees in Central Texas. Planting trees is a powerful means of connecting people with their community . Trees clean the air and water, provide habitat for wildlife, produce fresh fruit for neighbors, and shelter us from the hot Texas sun.”https://www.treefolks.org/
TreeFolks accepts volunteers during the Texas tree planting season, October to March.
Types of volunteers:
- Day of Service (DOS) volunteers: Volunteer for a single event. DOS volunteers can be individuals, corporate groups, or community groups.
- Volunteer Supervisors: Requires additional training and vetting by TreeFolks staff to assist in running large events like CommuniTrees, Reforestation, and NeighborWoods Adoption Events.
- TreeFolks Ambassadors: Requires additional training and vetting by TreeFolks staff to assist in tabling and development events. Ambassadors must continue to be active in the organization in order to maintain their status.
- TreeFolks requires all volunteers to dress properly for the task they have been assigned.
- TreeFolks will conduct criminal background checks for all Volunteer Supervisors as well as Neighbors Planting Trees volunteers.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to TreeFolks’ Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.treefolks.org/
TreeFolks Locations (n/a)
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness