“Caritas of Austin believes that when every person has a stable place to call home, they can realize their full potential and contribute to our community. We build wellbeing by making sure that people have a safe home, access to healthy groceries, jobs that provide a reliable living wage, and educational opportunities to learn life skills. All of us need a sturdy foundation and layers of support in our lives to thrive; that’s what creates a strong community. Our innovative, personalized and proven approach to building wellbeing and ending homelessness creates a more vibrant Austin for everyone.“https://caritasofaustin.org/who-we-are/about-us/
- Volunteer in the Community Kitchen: Prepare and serve lunch to people experiencing homelessness.
- Become an Administrative Volunteer: Provide clerical support to Caritas staff.
- Become a Direct Service Volunteer: Assist a family or individual as they move towards stability and wellbeing. Requires 8-10 hours per month.
- Help with Donation Pick-ups/Deliveries: Assist Caritas staff in picking up furniture for clients’ homes or food for the kitchen and pantry.
- Organize a Food or Donation Drive: Collect food, hygiene, or household items for the Caritas Pantry to help welcome families into their new homes.
- Host a Third Party Event: Organize a community event to benefit Caritas.
Caritas of Austin does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Caritas’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://caritasofaustin.org/
Caritas of Austin Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness