About FUMC Austin
“Founded in 1840, First United Methodist Church of Austin (FUMC) is an inclusive faith community of Christian believers in the heart of downtown. We balance traditional worship services with progressive theology. More than a neighborhood church, we are a church for all of Austin. Our members gather from across Central Texas and share a commitment to engaging conversations, community service, a growing faith, social justice, and Jesus’ commandment to love our neighbors.“https://fumcaustin.org/aboutus/who-we-are/
- Feed My People Breakfast: Help to prepare, cook, and serve food to Austinites experiencing homelessness. Held every Tuesday and Thursday morning.
- Well Women’s Ministry: Provide hospitality, supportive services, and some of life’s basic needs to women experiencing homelessness on Thursdays following the Feed My People Breakfast.
- Manna Bag Ministry: Help set up and put away materials for the assembly and selling of Manna Bags.
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes: Help feed people experiencing homelessness daily on the streets of Austin. Coordinate teams, prepare food, and deliver meals in the MLF truck.
- Pickle Elementary Book Drive: Help with the twice-annual book drive to support literacy initiatives at J. J. Pickle Elementary School.
- Pickle Elementary Tutors: Help students finish their classroom and homework assignments across subjects.
FUMC Austin does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to FUMC Austin’s Serving Opportunities page.
Or visit their homepage: https://fumcaustin.org/
First United Methodist Church of Austin Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness