About Foster Angels
“Foster Angels of Central Texas is a designated 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We offer foster children in Central Texas what they need when they need it most. That moment of need for children in foster care is not next week or next month. It’s today, right now.
Foster Angels provides immediate assistance to foster children in the form of basic needs (clothing, food, beds, medical expenses, transportation, education) and life-enhancing experiences (birthday parties, camp, sports and the arts).”https://fosterangelsctx.org/about/who-we-are/
- We Heart Caseworker Party: Every February, Foster Angels honors their caseworkers who protect children in foster care at this event. Help with securing raffle donations, event planning, set up, registration, and teardown.
- Shining Stars Luncheon: Help with this fundraising event luncheon that honors the anniversary of Foster Angels.
- Back to School Drive: Help sort and fill backpacks during the first two weeks of August, and distribute items to caseworkers and youth.
- Austin SkipFest: This event is Foster Angels’ own version of a charity walk but with playful skipping instead. Help with event logistics like set up, teardown, registration, and more.
- Toys for Teens: Every holiday season, Foster Angels matches a teen in foster care with a community member to sponsor their holiday gifts.
- Administrative Support: Help behind the scenes at Foster Angels.
- Throw a Party for Foster Angels: Ask your guests to bring a gift card or to collect an item that Foster Angels needs, and they will provide brochures and materials for your event.
Foster Angels does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Foster Angels’ Get Involved page.
Or visit their homepage: https://fosterangelsctx.org/
Foster Angels of Central Texas Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness