About Out Youth
“Out Youth serves Central Texas LGBTQIA+ (lesbian/gay/bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning, intersex, and asexual) youth and their allies with programs and services to ensure these promising young people develop into happy, healthy, successful adults.“https://www.outyouth.org/mission-vision-and-values
- Help with events (for individuals)
- Community engagement as an Out Youth representative at events
- Texas GSA Network Registration Drive: Call middle and high school social workers and guidance counselors across Texas in order to educate and gather information.
- Drop-in programming (for community organizations and companies)
- Share fun skills, activities, hobbies, and thoughts with Out Youth’s clients during Drop-In on Sundays and Wednesdays from 6–7:30pm.
- Topics may include creative arts, mental health, physical wellness, self care, life skills, college readiness, or LGBTQIA+ affirmation.
- To volunteer as a Drop-In Center volunteer, you must be over the age of 22 and consent to a background check.
- Most other volunteer opportunities do not have an age limit. If under the age of 18, you will need your parent or guardian to give their consent for your participation.
- Orientation and training may be required.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Out Youth’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.outyouth.org/
Out Youth’s Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness