“The mission of the Austin Child Guidance Center is to improve the mental health of children and their families through early intervention, diagnosis and treatment to help them develop the emotional skills to face life’s challenges.“https://www.austinchildguidance.org/
- Walk-In Therapist: ACGC could always use volunteer counselors who are bilingual in Spanish and English. A Master’s degree in a mental health discipline and a license to practice is required.
- Children’s Healing Garden: Transform the space into an attractive, welcoming, and functional outdoor area to provide relaxation and therapeutic healing for children and families experiencing difficulties.
- Serve on the Board of Directors
- Play Leader: Play with children up to age 17 in the waiting area while they wait for their appointment or when their parents are in consultation with staff.
- Event Support: Support events to benefit the agency and its community.
- Join a Committee
ACFC does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to ACGC’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.austinchildguidance.org/
Austin Child Guidance Center’s Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness