About the Home
“Helping Hand Home is the oldest continuously operating residential childcare agency in Travis County and a priceless resource kept strong and viable through community support. Helping Hand Home for Children provides a safe haven for children healing from physical, emotional and sexual abuse, neglect or abandonment.“http://helpinghandhome.org/who-we-are/
- Homework Helpers
- Bedtime Readers
- Volunteer Groups
- Activities Volunteer
- Group Service Opportunities
- Wind Down Helpers
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Commit to at least one hour per week of service for a minimum of six months. Months do not have to be consecutive.
- Submit a volunteer application.
- Attend a Volunteer Information Session.
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Manager.
- Complete a background check, drug screening, and tuberculosis testing.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to HHH’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://helpinghandhome.org/
Helping Hand Home Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness