About We Are Blood
“When you give with We Are Blood, your donation is prioritized based on local need. This means it has the greatest potential to stay right here in our community and help save the life of a fellow Central Texan.https://weareblood.org/about-us/who-we-serve/
We Are Blood saves lives at over 40 medical facilities in our 10-county region. If you or a loved one need blood products at a local medical facility, you will be covered thanks to the We Are Blood family of donors.”
- Canteen Host: Be the first face blood donors see after saving lives, and help to serve refreshments and answer questions. Minimum age is 16.
- Transportation Volunteer: Perform scheduled pickups of blood components from mobile blood drives and satellite donation sites, and deliver them to the laboratory for processing. Minimum age is 21.
- Blood Drive Volunteer: Help ensure that donors have an exceptional experience at community blood drives. Minimum age is 16.
- Office Support Volunteer: Assist with various administrative work. Minimum age is 16.
- Community Outreach Volunteer: Help spread the word about We Are Blood.
- Submit a volunteer application.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to We Are Blood’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://weareblood.org/
We Are Blood Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness