“The Austin Bar Association is made up of more than 4,300 attorneys within the Austin-area. The Austin Bar prides itself on a long-standing commitment to provide attorneys continuing legal education, networking and social opportunities, along with service to the community.”https://www.austinbar.org/about-the-bar-association/
- American Gateways: Meet with women seeking immigration asylum at Hutto Residential Detention Center.
- Volunteer as an attorney for RAICES at the Karnes Detention Center.
- Help with case management at the American Gateways office in Austin.
- CANLAW Clinic: Provide pro bono estate planning legal services to the cancer community.
- Self-Represented Litigant Project: Be a volunteer attorney in the Self Help Center to answer questions, help fill out forms, assist with divorces and other tasks, and staff the uncontested docket courtroom to help litigants through the courtroom process.
- Veterans Assistance Programs: Free legal advice clinics and pro bono representation for veterans.
- Must be a practicing, licensed lawyer in the state of Texas.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to ABA’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.austinbar.org/
Austin Bar Association Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness