“Our Mission: Reduce hunger and help the environment by connecting surplus food with our neighbors in need.”https://keepaustinfed.org/
- Food runners: Pick up excess food from grocery stores, hotels, caterers, schools, restaurants, and more, and deliver it to one of KAF’s partner organizations that feed people in need.
- Groups: Adopt a food run, and work on a regular basis to manage it.
- Hotline dispatcher
- Donor and recipient partner liaisons
- Social media content provider
- Photographer or videographer
- Info booth attendant
- Must have a driver’s license and vehicle to be a food runner. People under 18 years old must have a signed consent form from a parent or guardian.
- Get an online food handler’s certification, which takes between 30 minutes and two hours, costs about $10, and lasts for two years.
- Sign up to attend a training session.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to KAF’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://keepaustinfed.org/
Keep Austin Fed Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness