“Kids in a New Groove’s (KING) mission is to provide Central Texas children living in foster care with a committed one-on-one mentoring relationship through free, weekly, private music instruction. Since 2009, KING has empowered over 700 youth with music mentorship. Children in foster care are a highly vulnerable and underserved population. Having undergone emotional, sexual, or physical abuse, the children’s lives are traumatic before they even enter foster care. Our music mentors and their students build a lasting relationship of support which helps our students succeed academically, emotionally and socially. KING equips youth in care with concrete tools to show the world and, more importantly, youth themselves what they can accomplish with passion and dedication.”http://kidsinanewgroove.org/
- Music Mentors: Work directly with kids in foster care to provide free, in-home music lessons. Must be 18 or older and willing to commit 24 service hours with your student over the course of one year.
- Events Volunteer: Help organize events and spread the word.
- Creative Volunteer: Contribute your talents in marketing, videography, photography, media and design.
- Submit a volunteer application.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to KING’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://kidsinanewgroove.org/
Kids in a New Groove Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness