“Mission: To manage and conserve the natural and cultural resources of Texas and to provide hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.”https://tpwd.texas.gov/about/mission-philosophy
- Park hosts: Serve as representatives and stewards of Texas State Parks.
- State Park Friends Groups: Volunteer-led, membership-based nonprofit partners that support a park through volunteering, fundraising, and public education.
- Special event volunteers: Help park staff with cleanup projects, educational events, holiday activities, and outdoor programs.
- Office administration volunteers: Provide clerical support.
- Environmental restoration and maintenance volunteers: Preserve and protect the natural resources of Texas State Parks.
- Outreach and education volunteers: Inform and inspire park visitors and grow the next generation of park stewards.
- Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by a guardian.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to the TPWD’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://tpwd.texas.gov/
Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness