“WESTA’s mission statement is to support STEM learning for Eanes and Westlake students seeking to further their STEM education, with the primary focus upon hands on, project-based learning through robotics curricula including competition robotics.”https://westaaustin.org/westa/
- WESTA Board Fundraising Representative: Help develop and execute fundraising strategies for WESTA.
- WESTA Board First Lego League (FLL) Representative: Help grow and support FLL and FLL Jr. extracurricular programs at Westlake elementary and middle schools.
- FLL/Jr. School Representatives: Work closely as a liaison and ambassador to provide leadership to grow and foster a cohesive FLL and FLL Jr. population at your school.
- Westlake High School First Tech Challenge (FTC) Tech Mentors: Provide hands-on guidance and share professional expertise with students.
- FIRST Tournament Volunteers: Needed year-round.
WESTA does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to WESTA’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://westaaustin.org/
Westlake and Eanes Science and Technology Association Locations (n/a)
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness