About Lifelong Friends
“Lifelong Friends Pet Adoptions is a non-profit 501c(3), no-kill pet rescue center dedicated to preventing animal suffering, rescuing and caring for stray and abandoned dogs and cats and finding homes for these animals, educating the public about responsible pet ownership, and encouraging pet owners to spay and neuter their animals.”http://www.lifelongfriends.org/about.html
- Caregiving: Lifelong Friends’ dogs and cats are cared for twice a day, seven days a week.
- Cats – clean cages, water, feed, and provide medications if needed
- Dogs – walk dogs, clean kennels, and provide medications if needed
- Adoption Counseling: Match animals with their forever homes.
- Adoption Assistants: Help transport and show cats and dogs on Adoption Days.
- Foster parenting: Provide temporary homes for animals while they await adoption. Foster application required.
- Grooming/Playing: Help with animal socialization and grooming.
- Training: Teach dogs basic skills to help them find their forever homes more quickly.
- Event Planning: Help with planning and executing fundraising events, project management, and fundraising.
- Marketing / Public Relations: Help manage the Lifelong Friends newsletter and handle advertising for events and fundraisers. Experienced writers, editors, and media handlers needed.
- Strategic Planning (e.g. Fundraising/Grant Writing): Put your research and writing skills to good use and help Lifelong Friends secure funding.
- Vet Runs: Transport animals that needs vaccinations or spay/neuter to and from the veterinarian.
- Building Maintenance: Assist with shelter building repairs.
- Trap, Neuter, Release (TNR): Trap stray cats who cannot be tamed to live in a home and take them to the Austin Humane Society for free spay/neuter and vaccinations before releasing them back to their area.
- Office Management: Help with filing and follow-up calls, and answer questions when people come to the shelter.
- Photographer / Videographer: A good photo or video is key to getting animals noticed and adopted.
- Submit a volunteer application.
- Be 18+ years of age.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Lifelong Friends’ Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://www.lifelongfriends.org/index.html
Lifelong Friends Pet Adoptions Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness