About Thundering Paws
“Thundering Paws offers a safe haven for cats who are homeless, neglected, injured, or abused. We help other animals when we can find a foster home for them.”https://www.thunderingpaws.org/
Thundering Paws schedules morning and afternoon volunteer shifts every day and hosts volunteers on Sunday afternoons for more extensive projects.
Volunteer duties can include:
- Scooping litter boxes
- Changing and filling water and food dishes
- Cleaning cages (most cats roam freely, but a few are confined for medical or socialization reasons)
- Sweeping and mopping
- Walking canine staff members
- Petting and socializing the cats, dogs, and bunnies
- Scrubbing litter boxes, scoops, and carriers
- Assisting at adoption events in Austin
- Fostering animals
- Working on Thundering Paws’ newsletter
- Promoting Thundering Paws on social media
- Anything else you can think of to help
- Submit a volunteer application.
- Children ages 7+ may volunteer with a parent or guardian present.
- Teens age 14+ may volunteer without a parent or guardian but with written consent.
- Groups of adult volunteers are welcome, but Thundering Paws is unable to host groups of children or teens under the age of 18.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Thundering Paws’ Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.thunderingpaws.org/
Thundering Paws Animal Sanctuary Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness