“The Center for Child Protection is a nationally accredited children’s advocacy center and the only non-profit in Travis County involved in the investigation of crimes against children. For more than 30 years, the Center has been the first stop for children in Travis County who are suspected victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse and for children who have witnessed a violent crime.
The Center is a child-friendly, specially-equipped facility where children go for recorded forensic interviews, medical exams, counseling and intervention during the investigation and prosecution of child abuse cases. All services are provided to children and their protective caregivers at no charge and are available in English and Spanish.”https://centerforchildprotection.org/about-ccp/
- Direct Service Path
- Family Support Specialists: Provide a support system for the child and family during the child abuse investigation process.
- Graduate & Undergraduate Interns: Participate in a variety of program tasks and responsibilities including direct clinical service, grants, education services, marketing, and development support.
- Non-Direct Service Path
- Administrative Volunteers: Assist with a variety of marketing, development, and fundraising tasks.
- Grants Support Volunteers: Assist with researching funding prospects, and write and proof letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and reports.
- Kid’s Closet Volunteers: Organize items, take inventory, help plan seasonal donation drives, and shop for supplies needed by families in crisis.
- General Maintenance Volunteers: Assist with the upkeep and appearance of the Center’s facility interior and grounds.
- Event Volunteers: Participate in the Center’s fundraisers. Activities include decorating, setup, registration, graphic design, photography, sponsorship solicitation, auction support, and more.
- Must complete a volunteer application and agree to a background check.
- Interview with the Center Volunteer Services Manager.
- Attend a required CCP Volunteer Training.
- Attend program-specific training, if necessary.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to CCP’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://centerforchildprotection.org/
The Center for Child Protection Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness