“The SAFE Alliance exists to stop abuse for everyone by serving the survivors of child abuse, sexual assault and exploitation, and domestic violence. We are dedicated to ending violence through prevention, advocacy, and comprehensive services for individuals, families, and communities that have been affected by abuse.”https://www.safeaustin.org/
- Offer your professional skills and services
- Group volunteering
- Work with children and youth in SAFE’s residential cottages, therapeutic classrooms, after-school programs, and other areas across SAFE
- Staff booths in the community
- Assist at SAFE’s charter school and early childhood education centers
- Provide workshops for Life Skills classes
- Complete a volunteer application, including a background check.
- Attend a Volunteer Info Session to work directly with survivors and children or to represent SAFE in the community.
- Volunteers based at the Rathgeber Village campus must be 21 or older to work in campus cottages.
- All other SAFE volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Commit to approximately eight hours per month for at least six months after training.
- 40-hour Core Advocate Training. Training fee of $150; partial and full scholarships available.
- Additional program-specific training may be required.
- Interview with Volunteer Services staff and/or volunteer supervisor.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to SAFE’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.safeaustin.org/
The SAFE Alliance Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness