“The Breast Cancer Resource Center is a place to ask your questions, explore your options, and connect with a diverse community of survivors, lifers, and thrivers who can relate in a way no one else can. For more than 20 years, the women of BCRC have been dedicated to supporting and improving the lives of those touched by breast cancer.”https://bcrc.org/about-us/
- Become an AsSister: You will be paired with a client to provide assistance and companionship during treatment, after surgery, in healing, or during any time of need. Various tasks to help clients may include delivering meals, mowing lawns, and grocery shopping. Further training required.
- Give Infusion Room Support: Spend a few hours each week visiting with patients while they receive chemo treatment. Share in conversation, provide comfort and care, and help relieve anxiety, fear, and boredom. Further on-site training required.
- Join BCRC’s Speakers’ Bureau: This trained group of volunteers attends a variety of events to speak on behalf of the organization. Further training required.
- Represent BCRC at Outreach Events: Help out at events like health fairs, volunteer fairs, independent fundraisers, benefits, and more. Further training required.
- Volunteer at a Fundraising Event: Help with a variety of BCRC fundraisers throughout the year. This is an ideal volunteer option for groups. Not all events require prior training.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
- Additional training may be required depending on the role of your choosing.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to BCRC’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://bcrc.org/
Breast Cancer Resource Center Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness