“Founded in 1983, Hill Country Community Ministries is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, a coalition of churches assisted by area businesses, civic organizations, service clubs and concerned individuals that provides food, clothing and other assistance for people in crisis and those living in poverty in southwest Williamson and northwest Travis counties. Our goal is to serve our clients with dignity and compassion in an atmosphere of neighbor helping neighbor.“http://www.hccm.org/about.php
- Food Pantry: Fill client food orders, sort food donations, and restock shelves of the Food Pantry.
- Thrift Store: Greet and assist shoppers and clients, sort and size clothing, receive donations, and stock the shelves and clothes racks.
- Caseworkers: Interview clients, assess their needs, recommend assistance, and make referrals. Training is provided.
- Daily Bread Pick-up: Pick up day-old bread from participating area grocery stores.
- Grounds and Facilities Maintenance: Mow grass and maintain the HCCM property, including interior and exterior repairs, painting, and carpentry.
- Truck Drivers: Pick up donated food and deliver it to HCCM. Must have a good driving record and the ability to drive a 1.5-ton truck.
HCCM does not have volunteer requirements listed on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to HCCM’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://www.hccm.org/
Hill Country Community Ministries Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness