About Project Transitions
“Project Transitions is dedicated to serving people with HIV and AIDS by providing supportive living, housing, recuperative care and hospice in compassionate and caring environments.“https://www.projecttransitions.org/
- Packing/Moving Help: Help move current tenants to interim locations while Project Transitions rebuilds one of their transitional housing complexes.
- Gardeners and landscapers: Keep the facilities inviting to tenants. This can be a one-time or ongoing opportunity.
- Service/Support Animal Team: Help tenants with their animals, including walking them or taking them to the park for exercise and socialization.
- Public Relations/Marketing: Help with tasks such as press releases, planning publicity strategies, implementing a monthly giving program, and organizing promotional events.
- Translation Services: Help translate forms and interpret during meetings with clients.
- Doug’s House Hospice Caregivers: Help residents with their daily non-medical needs like bathing, cooking, and cleaning.
- Top Drawer Thrift Store Volunteers: Sort and price donations, merchandise the store, and provide customer service.
- Transitional Housing Programming: Help run events and classes for the Roosevelt Gardens community.
- Food Bank: Pick up Project Transitions’ weekly food bank order and bring it to one of the transitional housing complexes.
- Community Center Keepers: Help keep the center running smoothly with tasks like basic clean-up, organizing the food pantry, and decorating for the holidays.
- Cooking/Food Prep: Get creative in the kitchen, and introduce clients to new and healthy ways of eating.
- General Administrative Volunteer: Help in the Project Transitions main office.
- Special Projects for Groups: Project Transitions will accommodate your group to help with painting, gardening, or other larger tasks, depending on your interests.
Project Transitions does not have volunteer requirements listed on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Project Transitions’ Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.projecttransitions.org/
Project Transitions Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness