About Airport Ambassadors
“Airport Ambassadors is a volunteer organization designed to provide exceptional customer service to airport passengers and visitors. Volunteers offer assistance to customers in need of guidance or information.“http://www.austintexas.gov/department/airport-ambassador-volunteer-program-0
- Welcome and assist visitors to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
- Provide a professional, courteous image to passengers and visitors.
- Work with Department of Aviation staff members providing passengers and visitors with accurate and timely information.
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to communicate clearly in English with a wide variety of individuals
- A minimum commitment of four hours per week
- Commit at least six months to the program after training
To apply to be a volunteer, go to the Airport Ambassador Volunteer Program page.
Or visit the airport’s homepage: http://www.austintexas.gov/airport
Airport Ambassadors Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness