About RST Austin
“Guided by the principles of human compassion and dignity, Refugee Services of Texas welcomes refugees, immigrants, and other displaced peoples and supports them in integrating and thriving in their new communities.“https://www.rstx.org/who-we-are/
- Apartment Setups: Make an apartment a new home for an arriving refugee family.
- Clinic Missions: Assist families and individuals with getting to and navigating important medical appointments.
- Bus Orientations: Teach a new Austinite how to use the bus system.
- Airport Pickups: Welcome a new family at the airport and provide them with a warm meal.
- In-Home English: Provide English lessons to a beginner speaker for one hour per week for at least 12 weeks.
- Attend a volunteer orientation and training.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to RST Austin’s homepage.
Refugee Services of Texas Austin Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness