“Established in 1973, AVANCE (Uh-vahn-say) is a national, non-profit organization, primarily serving Texas, that meets hard to reach, low-income families where they are. Meaning “advance” or “progress,” AVANCE serves as a trusted guide to assist under-resourced families of young children in overcoming isolation and lack of opportunity.“http://avanceaustin.org/
- Child Classroom Aide: Help with early childhood education classes for the children in AVANCE’s program.
- Corporate Volunteer Partners: AVANCE will organize team-building volunteer exercises for your business.
- Toy Making Preparation: Help in AVANCE’s toy-making class, where mothers take ordinary household items and turn them into stimulating education toys for their children. Work with the toy-making instructor to prepare the necessary materials for her classes.
- Special Event Help: Plan events, serve food, wrap toys, decorate, greet families, or assist in organizing the annual AVANCE fundraising luncheon.
- Office/Clerical: Help with filing, answering the phone, data entry, and other duties in the AVANCE main office.
- Spanish/English Community Outreach: Bilingual volunteers needed for help with interpretation and translation, spreading the word about AVANCE, and recruiting new parents to the program.
- Submit a volunteer application.
- Background check required before working in the classroom.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to AVANCE’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://avanceaustin.org/
AVANCE – Austin Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness