About Urban Roots
“Urban Roots cultivates leadership skills through food and farming to transform the lives of young people and inspire, engage, and nourish the community. Urban Roots provides today’s young leaders with paid opportunities to grow food, learn new skills, and make a difference in their community.“https://urbanrootsatx.org/
- Individual Volunteering: Provide key support to plant, weed, and harvest Urban Roots’ fruits and vegetables. Most volunteer days are youth-led to promote leadership and public speaking skills.
- Group Volunteering: Smaller groups of 15 or less can join a regularly scheduled public volunteer day. Groups larger than 15 can schedule an…
- Exclusive Group Experience: Urban Roots will organize and facilitate team-building opportunities for groups of up to 35 individuals. Exclusive Group Experiences are available for a requested donation to cover staff’s time and supplies.
Urban Roots does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Urban Roots’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://urbanrootsatx.org/
Urban Roots Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness