About the City of Austin
“Here are a few ways to make our community a better place to live. These volunteer opportunities are sponsored by the City of Austin and support City services and programs, and Austin’s quality of life.“http://www.austintexas.gov/department/volunteer-city-austin
- Volunteer on a City Board or Commission.
- Learn about City operations through the CityWorks Academy.
- Participate at Council Meetings.
- Get involved in your neighborhood planning process.
- Volunteer with the Austin Public Library.
- Volunteer to review grant applications.
- Participate in an Austin Parks and Recreation volunteer program.
- Volunteer to greet visitors at the Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
- Volunteer with the Austin Animal Center.
- Mark storm drains to protect water quality in our creeks and Lady Bird Lake.
- Become a Block Leader for water conservation.
- Become a Zero Waste Block Leader.
- Volunteer on Austin’s beautiful wildlands.
- Volunteer with the Watershed Protection Department.
- Ride along with an Austin police officer.
- Help the Office of the Community Liaison.
- Join the Citizens Police Academy.
- Keep neighborhoods safe and clean with the Austin Code Community Volunteers.
- Become an Austin Police Explorer.
- Volunteer with Blue Santa.
- Make a difference with the Victim Services Volunteer program.
- Donate to Amigos en Azul.
- Participate in National Night Out.
- Be a Volunteer in Police Service (VIPS).
- Start a Neighborhood Watch.
The City of Austin does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to the City of Austin’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://www.austintexas.gov/
The City of Austin’s Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness