About Drive a Senior CTX
“Drive a Senior Central Texas enriches lives and communities by providing transportation and socialization to non-driving seniors, at no cost, helping them to achieve healthy and active aging in place.“https://driveasenior.org/CTX/
- Be a senior’s driver
- Client check-in over the phone
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Join the Client Care Committee
- Join the Community Outreach Committee
- Grant writing
- Help with the newsletter
- Marketing, special events & fundraising
- Be 18 or older and have a high school degree.
- Submit a volunteer application, and consent to a background and driver record check.
- Drivers must have their own vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
- Attend a brief orientation and training session.
- Volunteers are not permitted to accept gifts or sell items to clients.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Drive a Senior CTX’s homepage.
Drive a Senior Central Texas’ Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness