About the Autism Society
“The Autism Society of Texas changes lives by connecting families and individuals to community resources and support throughout Texas. Offerings include support meetings; on-line networking opportunities; Sensory Friendly films; and fun family activities.“http://www.texasautismsociety.org/
- Help with setup and outreach at resource fairs and charity events.
- Select films and organize the Autism Film Festival.
- Assist in gathering donations, planning, and organizing for the Texas Autism Bike Ride & Fun Run.
- Party plan, gather silent auction items, and coordinate for the Jingle & Mingle Holiday Party.
- Hand out drinks and cheer on runners at the Autism Society-sponsored Austin Marathon.
The Autism Society does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to the Autism Society’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://www.texasautismsociety.org/
Autism Society of Texas Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness