About Foundation Communities
“Foundation Communities is a local, homegrown nonprofit. We provide affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families with kids, as well as veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 23 communities all over Austin and in North Texas.“https://foundcom.org/about/
- Welcome Home Baskets: Provide new residents who are moving out of homelessness with basic household items.
- Supper Clubs: Host monthly potluck-style supper clubs for residents.
- After-School and Summer Learning Programs: Provide classroom support, homework help, and lead enrichment activities.
- English as a Second Language Classes: Serve as a teaching assistant for adult residents who are learning English.
- Tax Help: Provide free tax preparation and secure full refunds for hard-working, low-income families so that they can put more food on the table.
- Financial Coaching: Empower residents with the financial tools they need to manage a tight budget, reduce their debt, and improve their credit scores.
- Money Management: Help teach an in-depth class series on credit, debt reduction, and savings.
- Health Coverage: Help families and individuals enroll in affordable health insurance.
- Healthy Food Pantries: Set up pantries and serve clients with fresh, healthy food.
Foundation Communities does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Foundation Communities’ Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://foundcom.org/
Foundation Communities Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness