“Through its comprehensive programming, Girlstart provides a year-round, intensive suite of STEM [science, technology, engineering, and math] education programs for K-12 girls. Girlstart’s core programs foster STEM skills development, an understanding of the importance of STEM as a way to solve the world’s major problems, as well as an interest in STEM electives, majors, and careers.“https://girlstart.org/about-us/
- Community STEM Volunteers: Lead hands-on activities, interact with families and kids, and help make STEM events fun for all participants.
- Girls in STEM Presenters: Lead a hands-on activity for girls at this one-day conference to show them how fun a STEM career can be.
- Girls in STEM Volunteers: Help this one-day conference for girls run smoothly.
- Guest Speakers: Girlstart welcomes female guest speakers who are professionals working in STEM careers to speak at the Summer Camp and After School programs.
- Summer Camp Lunch STEM Mentor: Bond with camp attendees over lunch and share information about your career.
- Group and Team Volunteer Opportunities: Help prepare materials for Girlstart’s year-round programs.
- STEM Champions: Advocate and share Girlstart to promote their cause.
- Regional Council Members: Join a group of leaders dedicated to changing the game for girls and women in STEM.
Girlstart does not list volunteer requirements on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Girlstart’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://girlstart.org/
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness