“For six decades, Goodwill Central Texas has relentlessly focused on a single goal: empowering people through work. We believe that education and work are the only true pathways out of poverty, and strive to provide opportunities for people in our community who face obstacles to sustainable employment: people who have disabilities, people lacking education, people with criminal backgrounds, people facing homelessness and youth lacking opportunity.“https://www.goodwillcentraltexas.org/about-us/visions-values
- Tutor: Agree to tutor Program Participants one to five hours per week for at least one term in your area of expertise.
- Job Search Navigator: Help facilitate community members and Program Participants’ job searches.
- Greenworks Group Volunteering: Up to 15 volunteers can prepare donated computers for reuse and recycling.
- Career Consultant Group Volunteering: Present real-life work experiences to Program Participants and provide professional direction, such as goal-setting and dressing for success.
- Tutors must have completed at least one year of higher education and pass a fingerprint background check.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Goodwill’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.goodwillcentraltexas.org/
Goodwill Central Texas Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness