“PeopleFund provides small business loans as well as business assistance and education to people with otherwise limited access to such resources. Since being founded in east Austin in 1994 as Austin Community Development Corporation, PeopleFund’s financial and educational assistance has helped create thousands of jobs and empowered an even greater number of Texans on a path to financial stability and independence. PeopleFund is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and operates as a non-profit 501(c)(3) serving all of Texas.“https://peoplefund.org/about-us-small-business-loans/
- One-to-One Mentorship: You will be matched with a local small business owner or nonprofit director to assist with technical aspects of their operation by leveraging your expertise and talent.
- Business Education Workshops: Lead a workshop for clients and community members to share valuable information in your field of expertise.
- Event Volunteers: Help with year-round events focusing on local outreach and economic development.
- Office Volunteers: Support the office manager, communications team, and development.
- Submit a volunteer application.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to PeopleFund’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://peoplefund.org/
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness