“We aim to transform lives and communities by interrupting cycles of neglect, abuse and abandonment of children in the foster care system. We fulfill our mission by providing an array of programs, all directed toward changing the trajectory of young lives which usually include a combination of academic failure, drug abuse, teen pregnancy, sex trafficking, homelessness, and incarceration.“https://rfk.org/mission-values-vision/
- Camp Counselors: For every counselor willing to spend the entire week at camp, another camper is able to attend. Each counselor is responsible for two campers, and an assistant counselor works with every two regular counselors. Training is mandatory.
- Other Camp Staff: Areas to help include drama, music, woodshop, arts and crafts, sports, and counselor support. Staff members have the opportunity to interact with many more campers. Training is mandatory.
- Registration Helpers: Assist the director and other staff in checking in campers and loading them onto the bus. Training is mandatory.
- Birthday Party Buddies: One night of the camp week, RFK Austin celebrates every child’s birthday with a party in their honor. Help is needed with all of the activities involved.
- Welcome Home Dinner Helpers: Help serve a catered “thank you” meal to all of the volunteers, giving them the opportunity to share stories and connect before they leave camp. No training necessary.
- Submit a volunteer application.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to RFK Austin’s Get Involved page.
Or visit their homepage: https://austin.royalfamilykids.org/
Royal Family KIDS Camp of Austin Locations (n/a)
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness