About The Christi Center
“The Christi Center helps build wellbeing by offering people who have experienced the death of a loved one the opportunity to connect with others. When grief is not endured in isolation or ignored, our community is stronger, and helps our clients weather all of life’s storms. We offer support groups where people connect and find a safe space to explore the emotions that are part of the grief process, activities to help maintain a healthy relationship with the deceased, and community education so that we are all better equipped to help the grieving people in our lives. Understanding that grief does not have a cure, but requires ongoing maintenance, our services are available for however long they are needed, and are always free of charge. We serve children, teens, and adults, supporting people at all stages of the life cycle, in order to build a healthier culture around death and grief.“http://christicenter.org/about-us/
- Healing Garden: Provide a space for those who find healing through gardening. Stop by once or twice a week to ensure the plants are getting the water they need.
- Kids Who Care Meals: Provide a healthy meal for kids as they grieve their losses, and support their families.
- Handy-Persons: Help with maintenance at The Christi Center.
- Submit a volunteer application.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to The Christi Center’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://christicenter.org/
The Christi Center Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness