About The Salvation Army
“The Salvation Army’s USA National brand promise is ‘Doing the Most Good’. We are best known for the Red Kettles and Angel Tree programs at Christmas, Family Stores and Family Store Donations and Pick-Up Scheduling information, and perhaps our work during times of disaster. However, what many people do not realize is that the very motivation for ‘Doing the Most Good’ behind every service, program and ministry of The Salvation Army, is the love of God. At its heart, The Salvation Army is a Christian church, with its sleeves rolled up, providing worship services and programs!“http://salvationarmyaustin.org/about-us-2/
- Help with events
- Sign up to be an Emergency Disaster Services Volunteer
- Volunteer for one-time events and activities
- Be a Bell Ringer at Christmas
- Serve with the Angel Tree program during Christmas to help children in need of gifts
- Be a volunteer receptionist at the Corps Community Center and Area Command offices. Must commit to a minimum of six months and one or more shifts on consistent days.
- Submit a volunteer application.
- Attend an hour-long orientation.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to The Salvation Army Austin’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://salvationarmyaustin.org/
The Salvation Army Austin Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness