“Focusing on Austin ISD’s schools located in under-resourced communities and serving predominantly economically disadvantaged students, Austin Partners in Education delivers innovative, volunteer-driven academic and mentoring programs. APIE’s 1,550 volunteers work with students at pivotal junctures in their education, providing a vital extension of academic and social/emotional support to students. Through the flagship Classroom Coaching program, students benefit from small group (3:1 or below) instruction from volunteers drawn from more than 200 Austin area government agencies, businesses and community organizations.”https://www.austinpartners.org/aboutus
- Math Classroom Coach: Meet with a small group of 3–4 students once a week throughout the school year to increase their understanding of and interest in math.
- Mentor: Work one-on-one with Austin students during the school day to help them improve their social and study skills.
- School-Based Volunteer
- APIE has a suggested volunteer donation of $20 to help cover expenses related to volunteer registration and processing.
- Consent to a background check.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to APIE’s Get Involved page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.austinpartners.org/
Austin Partners in Education Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness