About the Village
“Welcome to Capital City Village, Austin’s virtual community of seniors committed to aging in place – living in our own homes and communities comfortably – while maintaining healthy and active lifestyles. Join today to get full access to our many social and cultural events, our dedicated volunteers and network of providers available to help meet your needs, and to age successfully in place and in community.”https://www.capitalcityvillage.org/
- Drive members to appointments and programs
- Help with light household maintenance and tasks
- Technology help
- Yard projects
- Help members organize their goals, schedules, and plans for the future (Village Connections Program)
- Work at the office
- Help to run the Village by being part of a working group
- Plan and present fundraisers and programs
- Submit a volunteer application, and consent to a background check.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
- Office volunteering and the Village Connections Program require additional training.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to the Village’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.capitalcityvillage.org/
Capital City Village Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness