About the Hotline
“Operating around the clock, seven days a week, confidential and free of cost, the National Domestic Violence Hotline provides lifesaving tools and immediate support to enable victims to find safety and live lives free of abuse. Callers to The Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) can expect highly trained, experienced advocates to offer compassionate support, crisis intervention information, educational services and referral services in more than 200 languages.”https://www.thehotline.org/about-the-hotline/
- Train as advocates to answer calls from domestic violence survivors, victims, and the people who support them.
- Submit a volunteer application, and consent to a background check.
- Complete a 40-hour interactive training prior to taking calls.
- Commit to 2–4 hours/week at a minimum of 8 hours per month.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to the Hotline’s GivePulse page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.thehotline.org/
National Domestic Violence Hotline Locations (n/a)
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness