About Texas Reach Out
“Texas Reach Out is a faith-based 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization specializing in alternative housing for those released from prison and those who are homeless as a result of unsuccessful reintegration into society after an extended prison stay. We serve those who have made a serious commitment to change their life course and make a decision for Christ. Residents apply or housing through a written application process, and many are referred by prison chaplains, pastors, and lay ministers. “http://texasreachout.org/who-we-are
- Transportation/Deliveries: Help drive participants between appointments as they begin the reintegration process.
- Field Work: Assist with maintaining the existing hopes or help renovate new homes.
- Office Help: Assist with administrative work.
- Teach a Class: Lead various classes teaching crucial life skills like stress management and social skills.
- Lead a Bible Study
- IT Services
- Reading/Screening Applications: Help Texas Reach Out determine who will be the next people to join the program.
- Community Service Coordinator: Help drive participants to and from community service opportunities, and volunteer alongside them.
- Submit a volunteer application.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Texas Reach Out’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: http://texasreachout.org/
Texas Reach Out Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness