“The Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (CTVHCS) is a Joint Commission accredited, complexity level 1-A facility serving Veterans in 39 counties in Central Texas. CTVHCS has two medical centers located in Temple and Waco; a stand-alone multispecialty clinic in Austin; five community based outpatient clinics in Brownwood, Cedar Park, College Station, Palestine and La Grange; two community living centers located at the Temple and Waco campuses; a domiciliary in Temple; a Blind Rehabilitation Unit in Waco (one of only 12 across the nation); rehabilitation units for post-traumatic stress disorder and severely mentally ill life enhancement in Waco; a 40-bed Psychosocial Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program in Waco (the only one in Texas); and an 8-bed residential Women’s Traumatic Rehabilitation Unit (one of only four across the nation).”https://www.centraltexas.va.gov/about/index.asp
- Direct veteran interaction (inpatient & outpatient care environments)
- Limited veteran interaction (administrative environment)
- No veteran interaction (warehouse)
- Submit a volunteer application, and consent to a background check.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
- Take part in a preliminary interview.
- Pass a tuberculosis test.
- Youth 14–18 years old may apply to volunteer at the Temple, Waco, and Austin facilities with guardian consent.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to CTVHCS’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.centraltexas.va.gov/index.asp
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness