“For over 25 years, Austin Parks Foundation (APF) has been connecting people and parks in Austin. Our programming and strategic vision are aimed at helping to fill the funding and resource gap for our parks, and we strive to ensure that every Austinite has access to great parks, trails and green spaces no matter their neighborhood.”https://austinparks.org/brand-book/
- Individual work days: Sign up for one-time events via APF’s Volunteer Calendar to clean up Austin’s parks.
- It’s My Park Day: APF’s biggest city-wide volunteer event takes place on the first Saturdays in March and November and brings together thousands of volunteers.
- Become an Ambassador: Ambassadors are trained volunteers who act as representatives for APF.
- Business volunteering: APF will design custom team-building projects for their corporate sponsors.
- Civic group volunteering: APF will coordinate special projects for non-business groups. Requests must be submitted two weeks before the preferred work day.
- Volunteer at the Austin City Limits Music Festival
APF does not have volunteer requirements listed on their website for work days.
Requirements for APF Ambassadors:
- Have interest in helping strengthen Austin’s park system
- Be 18+ years of age
- Have reliable transportation and ability to bring outreach supplies to events
- Commit to participation in a minimum of four outreach/tabling events per year
- Agree to a one year minimum commitment
- Complete APF’s online application and training process
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
To apply to be a volunteer, go to APF’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://austinparks.org/
Austin Parks Foundation Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness