“A 501(c)3 dedicated to protecting, enhancing, and connecting the Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail at Lady Bird Lake for the benefit of all. We work in cooperation with the Austin Parks and Recreation Department to close the gap between what the City provides and what the Trail deserves.”https://thetrailfoundation.org/
- Volunteer Days: TTF currently hosts monthly volunteer days and is the process of moving to weekly events. Activities include:
- Seed collection
- Greenhouse work
- Invasive removals
- Other ecological activities
- Lady Bird Johnson Adopt-a-Garden Program: Help TTF plant and maintain gardens.
- Corporate group volunteering: TTF will organize a “Day in the Trail Dirt” for companies with a minimum of 10 volunteers. Events can range from 1–3 hours and have a per volunteer cost of $40–50. Company logos will be displayed at the volunteer site for six months following the volunteer day.
TTF does not have volunteer requirements listed on their website.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to TTF’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://thetrailfoundation.org/
The Trail Foundation Locations (n/a)
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness