About Austin Habitat
“The mission and vision of Austin Habitat for Humanity are anchored around our dedication to ending the cycle of poverty housing and the deeply held belief that everyone deserves a decent, affordable place to live.”https://austinhabitat.org/
- Individual Volunteers: Sign up for projects on the Volunteer Calendar to help build and repair homes.
- Group Volunteering: Team build with groups of five or more people while building homes.
- Youth Volunteer Opportunities: Children under 16 are not allowed on active construction sites but can still get involved in Austin Habitat’s mission.
- Be a Sponsor: Corporate, community, and faith-based partners provide the financial support for building materials.
- View an online safety training prior to volunteering.
- Volunteers must be 18+ to work on home repair projects. Volunteers 16 or 17 may work on new construction sites or at the ReStore, accompanied by a parent or guardian ages 21+.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Austin Habitat’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://austinhabitat.org/
Austin Habitat for Humanity Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness