“The Central Texas Food Bank has been at the front line of hunger relief with the help of Partner Agencies in 21 counties across Central Texas. Together, we provided more than 39.2 million pounds of food to families in need during the 2017-2018 fiscal year to an average of 200,000 individuals each month.”https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/learn-more
- Volunteer in the Warehouse: Help inspect, sort, clean, box, and prepare donations for distribution.
- Volunteer in the Community Kitchen: Support on-site food preparation for multiple meal programs, including Kid’s Cafe and Summer Meals.
- Volunteer at a Mobile Food Pantry: Help distribute food and provide cheerful service to clients, and assist with setup and teardown at the distribution site.
- Volunteer in the Garden: Assist CTFB’s gardener by planting seeds and seedlings, pulling weeds, shoveling compost, harvesting produce, and cultivating the garden beds.
- Volunteer with Nutrition Education: Help families make smarter choices at mealtimes.
- Become a CTFB Ambassador: Share your passion for the Food Bank’s mission with the world.
- Volunteer in the CTFB Offices: Help with administrative tasks.
- Volunteer to Deliver Donations: Pick up food donations and deliver them to nearby pantries.
- Virtual Food Drive: Help raise money online if you can’t volunteer in person or need to cancel your in-person shift.
- Volunteers must be ages 8+ to volunteer in the Warehouse or Mobile Pantry.
- You must be 15+ to volunteer in the Kitchen or Garden.
- Volunteers under 18 must have an adult chaperone who is 21+.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to CTFB’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/
Central Texas Food Bank Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness