“Meals on Wheels Central Texas seeks to nourish and enrich the lives of the homebound and other people in need through programs that promote dignity and independent living. Meals on Wheels Central Texas is one of the largest meal-delivery organizations in the state, distributing 3,000 meals each business day to homebound older adults and people with disabilities.”https://www.mealsonwheelscentraltexas.org/about-us
- Meals on Wheels: Bring food and friendship to seniors in your community through lunch-time meal delivery. Positions include Volunteer Meal Delivery Drivers, Substitute Drivers, and Volunteer Meal Managers.
- HOPE: A collaboration with the Central Texas Food Bank to pack non-perishable groceries and deliver the bags to homes of clients in need.
- Handy Wheels: Provide minor, safety-related home repairs and improvements to seniors and adults with disabilities.
- PALS: Transport seniors’ pets to veterinary or grooming appointments.
- Groceries to Go: Help clients prepare a shopping list, provide transportation to and from the grocery store, and assist with shopping.
- Mike’s Place: Lead activities and assist participants in this respite program for people with early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s Disease and their caregivers.
- Other activities: Provide technology training, or deliver pet food to seniors’ furry friends.
- Family volunteering: Through a partnership with Generation Serve, a nonprofit organization that engages children in volunteerism, you can empower your entire family to make a difference for seniors.
- Complete a volunteer application and consent to a background check.
- Provide a copy of your current driver’s license, a valid inspection sticker, and up-to-date liability insurance coverage on your vehicle.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to MOWCTX’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.mealsonwheelscentraltexas.org/
Meals on Wheels Central Texas Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness