About The Caring Place
“Since 1985, The Caring Place has provided for the basic human needs of all people in our community in a welcoming, respectful and caring way. Through two thrift shops, The Shops at The Caring Place and Second Helping, both in Georgetown, the organization is able to pay all operating expenses to serve a growing community. All monetary and food donations directly benefit neighbors needing food, utility, rent, transportation or medical assistance. The Caring Place is a community-based and community-supported organization.”https://www.caringplacetx.org/
- Receptionist: Be the first point of contact for The Caring Place’s clients.
- Switchboard Operator: Offer phone assistance to people calling for information about The Caring Place.
- Intake: Input client documentation into the computer system and perform general clerical tasks as necessary.
- Client Advocate: Assess needs and provide service to individuals and families in crisis, and make appropriate referrals.
- Quality Assurance: Review and verify new client data entries for accuracy.
- Pantry Client Helper: Assist clients with selection and bagging of groceries.
- Donation Area Worker: Receive donations of items in the drive-thru donation area.
- Cashier: Assist customers with purchases at checkout in the resale store.
- Merchandisers: Work in all areas of display in the store and help set up holiday and seasonal displays.
- Pricers: Have a general knowledge of the resale shop merchandise to be priced.
- Security: Be vigilant watchers of the activities of the resale store and its customers.
- Group volunteering: Must be scheduled two weeks in advance. Groups must be 20 people or less.
- Fill out a volunteer application, and consent to a background check.
- Take a tour of The Caring Place to see what the various volunteer positions involve.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to The Caring Place’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://www.caringplacetx.org/
The Caring Place Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness