“The mission of Dress for Success Austin is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help them thrive in work and in life.https://austin.dressforsuccess.org/about-dfsa/
Since 2003, Dress for Success Austin has supported and served over 16,000 women in Central Texas through referrals from 90+ non-profit and government agencies.”
- Image Consultant: Help clients find the perfect ensemble for their job interview or new career.
- Make-up Artist: Education women on make-up application appropriate for the workplace.
- Career Advocate: Help clients search for jobs and prepare for interviews.
- Administrative Support: Support daily operations by working at the front desk.
- Sorting/Inventory: Handle donations by sorting clothes and re-stocking inventory in the boutique.
- Consignment Store Delivery: Deliver donations that DFSA can’t use to local consignment stores.
- Outreach Volunteer: Spread the word about DFSA at various community events.
- Mentor: Develop a long-term relationship with a client, helping her remain focused on her goals and empowered to succeed.
- Expert Speaker: Share your knowledge and inspire women to reach higher and dream bigger.
- Consulting: Use your special skills to benefit women and invest in their futures.
- Special Events: Help behind the scenes or out in front at DFSA events.
- Group Volunteering: Groups of up to 25 can volunteer on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm or 12pm-2pm, or on Saturdays for Career Center Takeover only. DFSA has a variety of group volunteer packages available.
- Fill out a volunteer application.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to DFSA’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://austin.dressforsuccess.org/
Dress for Success Austin Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness