About Make-a-Wish CSTX
“When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. This can have a real and tangible impact on a child’s health. In fact, research shows that wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. Doctors and social workers use wishes as a part of their treatment plan because wishes are that important.”https://cstx.wish.org/about-us
- Fundraising: Make requests for auction items as well as in-kind and monetary donations. Take a leadership role in fundraising events, such as producing new events, workplace giving campaigns, and Kids for Wish Kids projects.
- Special or Group Projects: Team-building activities for groups could include working on a mailer for to send to a wish kid or assembling trip packets for families. Make-a-Wish CSTX will also create custom experiences for groups. There is a $10 contribution per group member.
- Special Events: Help with events sponsored by community organizations to benefit Make-a-Wish CSTX. Duties may include attendee registration, ticket sales, and help with silent auctions.
- Airport Greeter: Welcome out-of-state wish children and families to Texas, escorting them through the airport to baggage claim and then to their transportation.
- Wish Granter: Work with staff directly with wish children and their families to discover the child’s wish, assist with paperwork, and plan wish enhancements. To be considered for this position, you must have worked as an active general volunteer for one year.
- Submit a volunteer application.
- All positions require a background check and basic training.
To apply to be a volunteer, go to Make-a-Wish CSTX’s Volunteer page.
Or visit their homepage: https://cstx.wish.org/
Make-a-Wish Central and South Texas Locations
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Affordable Housing
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- Emergency & Disaster Relief
- Faith-Based Outreach
- Foster Care
- Homeless Populations
- International Aid
- Low-Income Neighbors
- Mental Health
- Neighbors with Disabilities
- Other Opportunities
- Sports & Fitness